Tuesday 14 April 2009

The final countdown...

Well, we're almost there. I've packed the bags, printed off the flight details, got insurance, have changed money and have booked our first few nights accomodation in Lima (www.operu.com) along with a taxi to pick us up - I figure the normal headrush of landing in a new and exotic airport, the run through the crowds, avoidance of the scam drivers and the bartering of fares to a hostel, then ensuring they're actually taking you to the hostel you want rather than their friends hostel will all be a bit too much for us with a little un!

The bags lay at work now ready for me to load the car up when I finish early hours tomorrow morning. It's a 4am finish, drive to claires Mum's (She's looking after our cat and chickens while we're away!) pick up Claire and Bo, get driven to Heathrow in time for our 7.30am check in.

If I'm completely honest I'm not at all anxious as I expected to be? (Don't think I can say the same for Claire?) I've prepared myself and am quite happy with all our preperations. We've bought a folding buggy for Bo so he can sleep while we're out and about. We've sorted sterilising bottles by taking my MSR stove to boil water for milk, have a drybag which we will fill with water and milton tablets and pop the bottles in (It being a dry bag means we can close it up and take it with us if the need arises!)

Just got the last prep to do - pack our hand luggage then it's a final night shift at the fire station before heading off.

Wish us luck!! I'll keep the updates as regular as possible :oD

No comments:

Post a Comment